Thursday, January 24, 2008

Jan 23rd

I had a good walk last night which included 2 - 2 minute jogs - felt good. Had my wrist weights on as well so could do some curls, shoulder presses, lateral raises, etc. Then I did some floor work, sit ups, chest presses and chest flies. Then did some squats.

I'm keeping track of what I'm eating and working out calories as best I can. From what I can tell, I'm not eating anywhere near what I need to reach my daily calories. In all honesty, I'm just not that hungry to eat more. I find that when I have a good healthy lunch, that it helps to hold off the afternoon cravings. When I do get them, I start with water (which I constantly keep filling while I'm at work - if it's there in front of me, I'll drink it) and if it really won't help, I keep yogurt in the fridge, as well as Slim Fast snack bars in the cupboard, and for those chocolate cravings, I have Weight Watchers peppermint patties in my drawer.

Weight Watchers has some good frozen meals out there that seem to be cheapest at Superstore ($2.50 versus $4 something at Save on and Safeway) so I was there yesterday with the girls and bought enough to keep me going through the weekend. When Pat's working late, it's nice to grab one for dinner to keep me on track with portion sizes, etc.

So things are looking up. It is helping me feel better to get back and walking and I need to be reminded of that once in a while.

Thanks to everyone for their constant support, even when I get down. I'm so happy I have you all behind me and supporting me and helping to push me towards being healthier.

No comments: