Friday, October 12, 2007

Things to do on a treadmill

Okay girls!!! Get your thinking caps on.

I will admit to being totally bored while walking on the treadmill. I have my music but I stare at a burgundy wall. The TV isn't really an option because of the lack of room there is where the TV is.

So what can you do while walking on a treadmill???

I've tried reading a magazine...very hard to keep my footing.
This morning I tried writing a poem but again, hard to keep footing while writing and trying to concentrate.

I just want the time to go by faster. The first 20-25 minutes feel like they drag on forever.

See what you can come up with.

5 comments:

cathy said...

I download awesome songs, and crank my ipod. Do you listen to music? or whatabout a book you can listen to on tape or something?

Something very motivating.

What about posting a photo/photos of what you want to look like when you make your transformation? Put it up on the wall?

Do you drink water on the treadmill?

Personally I LOVE music! Can walk to good beats!

cathy said...

OK, another thing I do...have positive conversations with yourself. Talk about the person you are meant to be, and when you are treadmilling, picture yourself how you want to be! It works!

PamnPat'sParadise said...

I have an MP3 player so the music is always going - what sites do you download from?

A book on tape - that's a great idea.

I always have water - that's a must. I love the music and tend to get going when a favorite song comes on. I just have this problem with the first 20-25 minutes dragging on and the last 15 goes pretty quick.

I do talk to myself, encourage myself. Picture Jillian from The Biggest Loser as my trainer, yelling at me to keep going! That's a definite help. That girl is amazing and can get you to do a lot of great things - someday I'd love to meet her.

Thanks for all the great ideas!

cathy said...

I love Gillian too! I love watching the biggest loser!

cathy said...

Oh, limewire...