Yep, it's not the easiest thing in the world to do, but something that must be done.
We went away to Whistler for the weekend and the Starbucks was a flowing, as well as the lemon raspberry loaf (oh so yummy) and the lemon cranberry scones! I can only imagine the calories in those 2 goodies (had them on the way up and on the way down). The coffee has done a number on my body as I knew it would do (yep, I knew I would pay for my love of caffeine with pain).
The good thing about the weekend was the amount of walking that we did, whether it was through the village a number of times, walking while on our 3 hour ziptrek tour, or walking around at the top of the gondola, and walking through the village some more.
We really didn't eat too much to be honest but you know that it's always more than what you eat at home. We had the Keg on the first night and I had teriyaki chicken (do you know they don't have veggies on their plates anymore??) and a baked potatoe. We didn't wind up having breakfast on the Saturday because we went ziptreking so we had lunch at the top of Blackcomb Mtn and had dinner at the Mongolie Grill - the good thing about that is that it's all fresh healthy stuff (except for the sauce of course). Breakfast on Sunday was yummy fruit filled crepes.
So not bad all together and we were both honestly sore from all the walking and hiking we did on the weekend.
Tonight, I got back on the ellyptical (new parts are a coming) and then did Turbo Jam to work up a good sweat. I drank a ton of water today as well to help cleanse out my system and rid my coffee out (boy did I have the jitters this morning, it was crazy).
Detox time - here we go again!
Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment